ROUTERS AND SWITCHES
GIGABIT ETHERNET LAN SWITCH FAMILY
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6350 Stackable family is a series of fixed-configuration Gigabit Ethernet switches available as 10-, 24- and 48-port, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and non-PoE models to create the exact network for your small business.
The network capabilities of the OmniSwitch 6350 family include advanced security, quality of service and high availability features for your business-class data, voice and wireless technologies. These switches are simple to deploy, configure and manage.
- Meets all customer configuration needs and offers excellent investment protection and flexibility with easy deployment,
operation and maintenance
- Provides outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data and video applications for converged scalable networks
- Ensures efficient power management, reduces operating expenses (OPEX) and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) through low power consumption and dynamic PoE allocation, which delivers only the power needed by the attached device
- Field-upgradeable solution makes the network highly available and reduces OPEX
- Comprehensive security features for your small business network or campus edge at no additional cost
- Supports cost-effective installation and deployment with automated switch setup and configuration
- 10-port PoE and non-PoE models with two RJ-45/SFP combo port uplinks
- 24-port and 48-port, PoE and non-PoE models, with four fixed small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Gigabit uplink interfaces
- 5Gbs stacking available on 24/48 port models up to 4 units using fixed SFP ports
- Provides up to 48 ports of PoE connectivity for simplified IP phones, wireless and IP surveillance deployments over a single Ethernet cable. All 6350 models are IEEE 802.3af as well as IEEE 802.3at PoE compliant
- Provides native IPv4 and IPv6 support for routing, Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Advanced IPv6 threat protection (DHCP snooping, router advertisement protection and source address filter protection)
providing protection against a wide range of address spoofing attacks
- Simplified Voice over IP (VoIP) deployments using the advanced Auto- Quality of Service (Auto-QoS) feature that configures the IP telephony devices into the proper virtual LAN (VLAN) with the correct QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic
BEST-IN-CLASS RF MANAGEMENT
All Alcatel-Lucent APs include Adaptive Radio Management™ technology, which is essential to creating the most reliable, highperformance WLANs. ARM™ manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to optimize Wi-Fi client performance and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
The 130 series can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
CHOOSE YOUR OPERATING MODE
The 130 series offers a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
• Controller-managed mode: When managed by Alcatel-Lucent Mobility Controllers, 130 series APs offer centralized
configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic
forwarding. Please refer to the Alcatel- Lucent Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
• Alcatel-Lucent Instant™ mode: In Alcatel-Lucent Instant mode, a single AP is dynamically elected the Virtual Controller,
which automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP,
configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes
For large installations, the Alcatel-Lucent Product Activation Service dramatically reduces deployment time by automating
Alcatel-Lucent Instant provisioning, firmware upgrades and inventory management. APs are factory-shipped to your deployment site and configure themselves when powered up.
If WLAN and network requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 130 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is centrally managed by a Mobility Controller.